On Monday, December 30, 2002, at 10:44  AM, Stephen Paul King wrote:
QM comp seems to operate in the space of the Reals (R) and TM operates
in the space of Integers (Z), is this correct?
Any finite system, which of course all systems are, can have all of its quantum mechanics calculations done with finite-dimensional vector spaces. The "full-blown machinery" of an infinite-dimensional Hilbert space is nice to have, in the same way that Fourier analysis is more elegantly done with all possible frequencies even though no actual system (including the universe!) needs all frequencies.

We must additionally account for, at least, the "illusion" of time and
concurrency of events.

I don't see any problems with either. (Yes, I have read Huw Price's book.)

--Tim May