Stephen Paul King wrote:

>Dear Jesse,
>
>     Please read the below referenced paper. It shows that QM comp *CAN*
"
>"solve an undecidable problem"
>  (relative to a classical computer)."

Where does it say that?

[SPK]

   In the abstract of http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~cristian/coinsQIP.pdf

Please read this paper. It explains the basis of my claim.
Apologies, I hadn't even read the entire abstract so I didn't notice that they went on to argue that Feynman's conclusion was wrong. Still, I think that their proposal is something different from the usual notion of a "quantum computer", since I was under the impression that people like Feynman and Deutsch had already shown definitively that a quantum computer cannot solve any classically-unsolvable problems. I'll leave it to others who understand this paper better than I to discuss the merits of this new proposal.

Jesse

MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 3 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_advancedjmf_3mf