Please correct me if I am wrong:
Bruno believes that information, for example mathematical concepts and theorems, exist
independently of their encoding in some physicsl systems (arithmetic realism); in
other words, that the number 4 esists independently of the presence in the physical
world of sets of 4 separate objects, or that 2+2=4 is true independently of the
possibility to physically verify this with 4 bottlecaps.
Eugen believes that mathematics is the physics of bottlecaps, and that information
cannot be said to exist if it is not carried by a physical system in the actual world.
Are we sure that both mean the same thing by "existence"?
By the way I am reading Bruno's thesis, the few pages that I have read are very
interesting.