Bruno Marchal wrote:

Then in another post you just say:

It's a bit hard for me to come up with a satisfactory answer to this problem, because I don't start from the assumption of a physical universe at all--like Bruno, I'm trying to start from a measure on observer-moments and hope that somehow the appearance of a physical universe can be recovered from the subjective probabilities experienced by observers

And this answers the question.

That was actually me who wrote that, not Hal Finney. But in reply to that comment, Hal wrote:

I have a similar perspective.  However I think it will turn out that the
simplest mathematical description of an observer-moment will involve a Big
Bang.  That is, describe a universe, describe natural laws, and let the
OM evolve.  This is the foundation for saying that the universe is real.

Jesse