From: scerir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: everything-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:15:14 +0200
Subject: Re: "Naive Realism" and QM

Godfrey writes:
> [...] "at the basis of QM there are amplitudes
> that add, multiply and square". Notice the absence
> of "things"! It is the "things" that ain't there!!!

Not sure I understand. But the usual rule of addition
of probabilities does not apply to quantum probabilities.
This does not mean that the usual rule is wrong.
It means (or it might mean) that quantum systems evolve
via transitions through indeterminate states,
which are different from occurrences of events.
Regards,
serafino