This is in fact the point of view of the book. The book teaches that humanity has no need of the concept of God because we are all God anyway so we must simply be describing ourselves when we mention God.

Theology says that Man was created in God's image

It is in fact the other way around - any fool can see that

It's about self-introspection and working with the inner voice. It's good. It grabs all those dopey Christians out there in perhaps the few functioning brain cells they have left to them and it makes them look seriously at all the hoo-haa and balderdash that the Bible says is God's wish for Man, what God expects of Man, Man's indebtedness to God and "having God on your side" and suchlike damaging beliefs. The God thing, as Bruno correctly asserts - is almost a publisher's hook.

The Loebian machine only believes the truth, yes? Not a pack of Biblical lies, surely?

Christians have to get their heads sorted out on what is real and what is not real. This is what the book deals with largely.

Kim Jones