Bruno:
how does Mrs. Loeb (La Machine) distinguish between
'truth' and 'not truth'? What is truth for Paul is a
lie for Peter and vice versa. Is 'she' Mrs Peter or
Mrs. Paul?
Truth is not better identifiable than reality. Or:
'quality', which aslo may be bad or good, depending on
the special interests.

Then again I would completely leave out the Christian,
Muslim, Voodoo, or Peruvian religious connotations
from such discussion.
If there are (at least) two religions, (at least) one
is false.

I trust the L-ian 'monologue' only if it is included
in continuous checking of 'other' 3rd person opinions,
not imbibed in the earlier personal 1st pers.
experience - which becomes quicklly obsolete. It may
be a 'funny' monologue with asking always others'
opinions to formulate a decision. Asking a god is
better: I can always quote a response fitting my
taste. In the "scripts' there are ambiguous and
controversially quotable passages, especially if no
discussion is allowed.

John