Russell Standish wrote:

>Indeed obtaining the tape with Omega on it would be equivalent to solving
>the Halting problem, but obtaining an arbitrary random noncomputable
>sequence
>tape is as simple as hooking up a random source to your TM.
>
>In what  way is the random source not a program?

True, although it's only noncomputable if the program actually goes through
an infinite number of steps and an infinite number of random digits are
generated. Also, if the many-worlds interpretation is correct, then at the
level of the multiverse as a whole there'd be no true randomness, this would
just be a variant of the dovetailer-like branching solution I suggested in
my last post.

Jesse