Hi Hal,
----- Original Message -----
From: ""Hal Finney"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:55 PM
Subject: RE: Re: Only Existence is necessary?

> "Stathis Papaioannou" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
snip
>> Now, if any
>> computation is implemented by any physical process, then if one physical
>> process exists, then all possible computations are implemented. I'll stop
>> at this point, although it is tempting to speculate that if all it takes
>> for every computation to be implemented is a single physical process -
>> a rock, a single subatomic particle, the idle passage of time in an
>> otherwise empty universe - perhaps this is not far from saying that the
>> physical process is superfluous, and all computations are implemented
>> by virtue of their existence as platonic objects.
>
> Yes, I think this is close to Moravec's view.  He believes in the platonic
> existence of all conscious experiences, and sees the role of physical
> implementation as just to allow us to interact with those other entities
> who are instantiated in our universe.

[SPK]

    Ok, I am happy to see Moravec idea here, as it is similar to my own, but
does it not seem strange that interactions "between" entities leads to the
existence of a structure that we somehow are perpetually lead to believe
somehow exists independent of the interactions themselves?

Onward!

Stephen