1Z wrote:

> Brent Meeker wrote:
>

>>You misunderstand "population models".  It's not a question of what members
>>of a species think or
>>vote for; it's a matter of whether their logic will lead to their survival in
>>the evolutionary
>>biological sense.  So the majority can be wrong.
>

> Cooper is making valid comments about *something*, but it isn't logic.
> Logic is what tells us the majority can be wrong

Cooper is not talking about logic in the formal sense; he's talking about
reasoning, making
decisions, acting.  This can be "wrong" in the sense that there is a better (in
terms of survival)
way of reasoning.

I'm not sure that logic in the formal sense can be right or wrong; it's a set
of conventions about
language and inference.  About the only standard I've seen by which a logic or
mathematical system
could be called "wrong" is it if it is inconsistent, i.e. the axioms and rules
of inference allow
everything to be a theorem.

Brent Meeker