Le 23-juil.-06, à 02:43, 1Z a écrit :

> There is no reason to think numbers can describe qualia at
> all, so the question of the  "best" description hardly arises.

That was my point. But then I can show this is a necessary consequence
of comp.
Materialist who are using comp as a pretext for not doing serious
philosophy of mind takes as granted that qualia can be described by
number or machine or theories. Comp explains how both qualia can be
related to a mixture of self-reference and unnameable truth.
Number cannot 3-describes qualia, but can build (correct) theories
about them including explanation why numbers cannot describe them, yet
bet instinctively on them before anything else.