Stathis,
excuse my naive ignorance: (below your reply)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stathis Papaioannou" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "1Z" <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 5:12 AM
Subject: RE: Bruno's argument

Peter Jones writes:

> Hmm. Including limitations in time?

Yes, if an infinite number of finite computations are run simultaneously on
a system with a finite number of physical states.

Stathis Papaioannou
So if I have a system with finite number of physical states, it will take a
matching finite number of (base)-computations leaving an infinite number
untreated. Out of them I can take a deduction for muiltiplying the finite
number of physical states by the finite number of the base-states to get to
the total number of computability on that system in parallel  - still a
finite number. I still have an infinite number of unbtreated cases left.
Damn that infinite! Cantor's curse.

John M