Le 07-août-06, à 20:59, 1Z a écrit :

> George Levy wrote:
>> 1Z wrote:

>> I am assuming here that a conscious entity is essentially "software."
>
> You can assume it of you like. It isn't computationalism, which
> is the claim that congition is running a programme, not the claim
> that disemobodied algorithms are conscious.

OK but the point is that if cognition is running a programme, then it
can be shown that the very notion of "running a program"  and
"embodiment"  are  necessarily relative notions.
I do agree with you that a disembodied soul in your branche cannot have
consciousness with respect to you and to your branch. But from the
first perspective of any soul, the sould will survive in any
computational history capable of relatively embodying it through some
consistent history. And so we arrive at the 1-indetermincay comp
measure problem.