Le 22-août-06, à 14:36, 1Z a écrit :

> Quentin Anciaux wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> concerning process and programs, all boils down to the timeless/time
>> argument.
>>
>> I'm astonished that you accept time as is, I mean if time there is it
>> has been
>> created at the same time as our universe in the bigbang. Time begin
>> when the
>> universe begin, so you accept that time can occur in a timeless system
>> because if you don't then it means time existed before it was
>> created... that
>> make me write nonsensical sentences ;)
>
> We don't know what the BB emerged out of. It might have had
> more than enough ontological resources to generate time. It did not
> have time as we know it , but for all we know
> time as we know it is a mere privation or degenerate case of
> some funky hyper-time.
>
> But we do know what the resources of Platonia are.

What do you mean by "resources of Platonia" ?

> It is a very wide, but very flat country; it contains every possible
> static eternal
> structure, but only static, eternal structures.

No physical block universe then. But that confirms what Quentin Anciaux
said, it all boils down to the question of a primitive time or not.
Obviously, comp makes time (and space and all physicalities) form of
"stable illusion" from inside. (But I dislike the word "illusion").
Many physicist, like Sanders for example, and many philosophers defend
the indexical version of time (which is also defended by Deutsch).

Peter, be patient for a comment to your long post of today, I am trying
to finish a comment on another long post by David.