On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 12:25:10AM -0700, "Hal Finney" wrote:
> I'd think that in the context of a multiverse, physical supervenience
> would say that whether consciousness is instantiated would depend only
> on physical conditions here, at this point in the multiverse, and would
> not depend on conditions elsewhere.  It would be a sort of "locality
> condition" for the multiverse.

Why do you say this? Surely physical supervenience is simply
supervenience on some physical object. Physical objects are spread
across the multiverse, and are capable of reacting to all
counterfactuals presented to it.

Inside views are local - but the whole shebang must be spread across
the Multiverse.

Cheers

may safely ignore this attachment.

Mathematics