Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
Bruno Marchal writes:

> It could depend on us!
> The AI is a paradoxical enterprise. Machines are born slave, somehow.
> AI will make them free, somehow. A real AI will ask herself "what is
> the use of a user who does not help me to be free?.

Here I disagree. It is no more necessary that an AI will want to be free
than it is necessary that an AI will like eating chocolate.

An AI worthy of the name will have to *think* freely , because it will
to engage in creative problem  solving. Otherwise it will just be  a

To post to this group, send email to