Peter Jones writes:

Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
> Bruno Marchal writes:

> > It could depend on us!
> > The AI is a paradoxical enterprise. Machines are born slave, somehow.
> > AI will make them free, somehow. A real AI will ask herself "what is
> > the use of a user who does not help me to be free?.

> Here I disagree. It is no more necessary that an AI will want to be free
> than it is necessary that an AI will like eating chocolate.

An AI worthy of the name will have to *think* freely , because it will
to engage in creative problem  solving. Otherwise it will just be  a

Perhaps, but the point is you could give it any motivations, likes and dislikes etc. that you want without affecting its logical soundness.
Stathis Papaioannou
To post to this group, send email to