I'm thinking there's some kind of similarity between string theory and
depicting the world as a big CA. In String theory we have some vibrating
strings which have some kind of influence on each other and can for
different matters and fields. CA can play such role of changing patterns and
of course the influence is evident. Different rules in CA might correspond
to various basic shapes of vibration in strings...
I don't know much about S.T. but the idea of such mapping seems very
interesting.

--
Mohsen Ravanbakhsh.