Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:11:54 +0200
From: "Ricardo Aler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Russell Standish" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Theory of Nothing

On 5/22/07, Russell Standish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I get around this issue in my paper (and also book - see page 52) by
>interpreting Tegmark's ensemble as being the set of all finite
>axiomatic systems. This then doesn't have the problem you raised.

I see. Elegant. But I'm thinking that there must systems with infinite
axioms (and perhaps, of different cardinality). So, the complexity of
the ensemble of finite axiomatic systems must be zero, provided we are
within the framework of such ensembles, but not in an absolute sense.
It actually could never be zero in an absolute sense (if that concept
is meaningful at all).

Ricardo.
mailto: "Ricardo Aler Mur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.uc3m.es/uc3m/dpto/INF/aler

----- End forwarded message -----