On 09 Aug 2008, at 09:44, Tom Caylor wrote:

> I believe that nature is not primarily functional. It is primarily
> beautiful.
> And this from a theist?  Yes!  This is actually to the core point of
> why I am a theist.  I don't blame people for not believing in God if
> they think God is about functionality.

If you remember my conjecture that the Mandelbrot Set, (well, its
complement in the complex plane), is Turing complete (that is
equivalent in some sense to a universal dovetailing), then zooming in
it gives a picture of the arithmetical multiverse or of the universal
deployment. And I do find most of them wonderfully beautiful. Here is
my favorite on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0nmVUU_7IQ

Is that not wonderful? Awesome ?