Dear Everything List,

Tegmark mentioned in an article the idea of self-aware structures, SAS.
He wrote that the search for such structures is ongoing, i.e., he
postulated the existence of such structures without giving examples.

I'm wondering if consciousness and self-awareness has been
"mathematized" somewhere, preferably in documents I can download without
academic affiliation / subscription.

I'm inclined to thing agents might be a pathway to this end, as well as
what David Wolpert is calling a device.

Do any of the formalizations come close to being reflective of human
consciousness?  In other words a mathematical model of human consciousness?

Thank you.