Thanks Günther.  I'll look into it.

I also came across this article and thought some people might want to
discuss it.

We employ the Zermelo-Fraenkel Axioms that characterize sets as mathematical
primitives. The Anti-foundation Axiom plays a significant role in our
development, since among other of its features, its replacement for the
Axiom of Foundation in the Zermelo-Fraenkel Axioms motivates Platonic
interpretations. These interpretations also depend on such allied notions
for sets as pictures, graphs, decorations, labelings and various mappings
that we use. A syntax and semantics of operators acting on sets is
developed. *Such features enable construction of a theory of
non-well-founded sets that we use to frame mathematical foundations of
consciousness.* To do this we introduce a supplementary axiomatic system
that characterizes experience and consciousness as primitives. The new
axioms proceed through characterization of so- called consciousness
operators. The Russell operator plays a central role and is shown to be one
example of a consciousness operator. Neural networks supply striking
examples of non-well-founded graphs the decorations of which generate
associated sets, each with a Platonic aspect. Employing our foundations, we
show how the supervening of consciousness on its neural correlates in the
brain enables the framing of a theory of consciousness by applying
appropriate consciousness operators to the generated sets in question.

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 7:49 AM, Günther Greindl