Bruno Marchal wrote:
> ...
> Due to Dirac, in Quantum Mechanics, I tend to believe that brackets 
> are "<" and ">". parentheses are "(" and ")". I call "{" and "}" 
> accolades, but perhaps they are called bracket. The terms are not 
> important as far as we understand each other. How would you call "[" 
> and "]" ?

I've never seen "{" and "}" denoted "accolades" but I like it; they are 
more commonly called "braces".   I don't know a specific term for "[" 
and "]", I generally refer to them as "square brackets".


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To post to this group, send email to
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at

Reply via email to