ronaldheld wrote:
>  arXiv.org/abs/0909.1508
> I saw the title and thought of what Bruno would make of it. Any
> thoughts?

The authors write, "However, recent studies lead to the conclusion that
the human mind is not a classical computer, and, in general, not
completely reducible to any kind of computer (not even classical)
because of the
non-algorithmic nature of some mental processes."  But they give to no
reference to these "recent studies".  The paper seems to be about well
known problems in training artificial neural networks and other
artificial learning algorithms.  Sure EEG is inadequate to define
"intention", there's just not much information there.  I don't see that
as having any foundational implications.