Sorry, I misunderstood the premise. Thanks for the quick reply.     marty a.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bruno Marchal
  To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2009 2:16 AM
  Subject: Re: request for glossary + announcement that the seventh step series
thread will soon be resumed

  On 07 Nov 2009, at 01:04, m.a. wrote:

    Bruno,
                  Good to see you back! I have a question with reference to the
experiment described in the first person indeterminacy paper. If, before the
teleportation, the omniscient authority tells the subject that he will find a
zero in his envelope, both subjects will expect to find a zero after the
procedure, no? The subject who finds the 1, must inevitably conclude that he is
in fact a duplicate since he trusts the OA implicitly and reasons that if he
were the original (real) subject, he would be seeing a zero. Where is the flaw
in my logic?        marty a.

  The subject of the experience believe in comp, and knows the protocol of the
experience. So he knows the "original" will be destroyed or annihilated after
the scanning procedure. He know in advance that both subject are duplicate, and
so "I am the duplicate" does not make sense.

  Even if he decides to trust the OA, and then to abandon comp if he is in
front of the "one" in the envelop, he will feel as being the original person
(we still assume comp), with the memory that the OA told him that he will find
"zero", which will make him rightly say "for me right now the OA was wrong,
whatever I am".

  The experience here was symmetrical. From the first person perspective it
makes no sense at all to say "I am the duplicate". We know, and he knows, and
the OA knows, in advance, that they are both "duplicate".

  Bruno