On 07.08.2011 05:12 Craig Weinberg said the following:
On Aug 6, 9:35 pm, meekerdb<meeke...@verizon.net>  wrote:
On 8/6/2011 4:59 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

The language doesn't matter. You can see that a person is in pain
by their response to being burned, even if they have not
developed language yet.

Interesting.  Now Craig *can* infer qualia from behavior.

We can always infer qualia. It doesn't mean our inference is
correct. In this case I'm pointing out that the inference doesn't
require a learned language. My point is that math is not nature, but
nurture. If it were otherwise, I would expect the effects of alcohol
intoxication or smaller brain cortex to make an animal more logical
rather than more emotional. Emotion is more primitive than symbolic
logic.

Please note that according to experimental results (see the book mentioned in my previous message), pain comes after the event. For example when you touch a hotplate, you take your hand back not because of the pain. The action actually happens unconsciously, conscious pain comes afterward.

Evgenii
http://blog.rudnyi.ru