On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 10:41 PM, David Nyman <da...@davidnyman.com> wrote:
> On 13 August 2011 03:03, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > Are you the kind of person who knows math?
> >
> > http://videosift.com/video/Miss-USA-2011-Should-Math-Be-Taught-In-Schools
> >
> > Brent
>
> Is it just me, or is there something about this that doesn't add up?

I couldn't watch the whole thing.

But I have somewhat of a moral issue with teasing and treating meanly
almost *any* group. I mean, what's the implication here? That everyone
should know math? That everyone should be "smart" as defined by some
subjective measure? And if not, face derision? On what objective basis
do you determine that this group is deserving of shame? Should we make
fun of you because you don't know some particular facet of an area
they deem important? Why not, instead, try to understand where any
given group comes from, how they got there, and try to simply get
along?

I think it's complete rubbish, and it should be kept from the list.

--
Noon Silk

Fancy a quantum lunch? http://groups.google.com/group/quantum-lunch?hl=en

of being this signature."