Dear Saibal Mitra, thanks for the reply -

as I remember for more than the past 15 years, your lines represent (still)
pure rational thinking.
However... I wouyld start for re-thinking *'education'* from the US (and
spreading) content: to *TEACH* stuff. A school has more duty than that. It
should 'teach' the essence (a boiled down view with some content) of our
culture (what is "our"?)  and some necessary ways to calculate.
We should 'teach' how to think (do we have teachers for that?) and the
'original' sense of intelligence (inter-lego Lat = to read betseen the exact
lines, to understand what is said and what is hidden). We should 'teach'
(educate?) a profound humanE moral/ethical idea of more 'patriotism' than
just our own tribal interests - as members of the global community.
We should teach languages, organized and tonal music, sports for FUN and
health, and - above all: ways to enjoy a lifestyle that is societally and
environmentally advantageous for all. We also should 'teach' our past
cultural products - you mentioned Shakespeare - with criticism of historical
and literary readings universally including the advancement toward the
present positions.
The conventional sciences belong to our culture and should not be neglected.
This is a pretty involved program and I have no advice how to implement it.
I am no teacher.
There must be a good compromise how to 'teach' while 'educate'.

Specialized schooling can start after the above qualities have been
achieved. Technicians and mathematicians can be developed as well as
scientists in all facets.

Politics must be understood in a totally different way from how it is
practiced today if we want humanity to survive.

Regards

John M