On 28 May 2012, at 18:11, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

Our intuition is that space is euclidean, the earth is stationary and
flat, and that there is only one world. It seems to me that the
infinity of arithmetic is just the intuition we should always be able
to add one more. But intuition fails us in precisely in questions
like Hilbert's hotel. Why should you be so trusting of your intuition
is just this particular instance.

On a side note. Has science has proved something on existence of Hilbert's hotel? If yes, where does it exist?

In the model of set theories (called "universe" usually, but of course they are not physical universe, a priori).

It exists also as object in naive set theory. Well "Hilbert hostel" is just a trick to explain some statements about sets.

Bruno

Evgenii