From: John Mikes
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-22, 16:04:11
Subject: intuition

Brent Meeker?rote on list:
Intuition is when a seemingly true proposition pops into your head and you
aren't aware of any preceding thought process leading to it.? According to
(you?) computers are never aware of anything, so everything they produce is
intuition.
Brent
?
Dear Brent,
?
to 'your' part: is an urge to find some solution one of your "thought
processes"?
In speculation you may not realize the train of thoughts leading to whatever is
popping up as a solution. It may happen even WITHOUT the urgency I mentioned.
Let us say: Just an 'idea' pops up - it may be called intuition.
If you are ordered, you may assign it to problems that occupied your mind
lately.
?
To 'computers': whenever a computer "produces" a result it is algorithmically
based on data IN the hardware/software (you may call it the 'awareness of the
computer.)?
Proper semantics of new (developing?) territories is of paramount importance.?
You are usually VERY clear on such: would your AI agree to such definition,
added:
a suiting ID for intuition as well?
(I might have a hard time to identify intuition. The closest I may come up to
NOW is:
we may cut into peripheral 'shaving'?nto the limits of our knowledge (I call
that "creativity") and that may combine into existing questions as callable
'intuition').
JohnM