From: Jason Resch
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-11, 08:58:04
Subject: Re: Re: victims of faith

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 6:54 AM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Hi meekerdb
>
> Science is science and religion is religion
> and never the two shall meet.

I'm not sure about this Roger. The goal of a true science and true
religion, in my opinion, is the search of truth. In the Bah?'? Faith,
it is said that a true science and true religion can never be in
conflict. The son of the founder of the Bah?'? Faith said, "If
religion were contrary to logical reason then it would cease to be a
religion and be merely a tradition. Religion and science are the two
wings upon which man's intelligence can soar into the heights, with
which the human soul can progress. ... All religions of the present
day have fallen into superstitious practices, out of harmony alike
with the true principles of the teaching they represent and with the
scientific discoveries of the time.?

We see this same sentiment expressed by Einstein, when he said,
?cience without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.?

Jason