On 12 Sep 2012, at 13:24, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi meekerdb

First, science can only work with quantity, not quality, so
it only works with half a brain.

Bad decision. You are the one cutting the "corpus callosum" here.

Secondly, meaning is not a scientific category. So science
can neither make nor understand meaningful statements.
Logic has the same fatal problem.

Not at all. Logic handle both syntactical or digital transformations, and its "dual" the corresponding semantical adjoint transformation. There is proof theory and model theory. Meaning is handle by non syntactical mathematical structures. There are many branches in logic, and semantic, alias Model Theory, is one of them.

To separate science from religion looks nice, but it consists in encouraging nonsense in religion, and in science eventually.

Science cannot answer the religious question, nor even the human question, nor even the machine question, but it *can* reduce the nonsense.

Bruno

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
9/12/2012
so that everything could function."