That's not emotion, that's a behavioral factor. I can throw a bowling ball towards the left side or the right, it doesn't mean that there is an emotion which is magically present or necessary. To say that emotion is just a condition that affects behavior is so completely foreign to me, it's hard to even relate to. You don't see that you are already amputating 99% of the phenomenon from the start and then announcing casually that the remaining 1% is the whole thing. If I had not already been talking with you I would think that you are trolling me. It's like saying "the entire history of human speech is just way to make the vocal chords vibrate other people's eardrums". > > > feelings and consciousness in human. >> > > Unfortunately that is not true for philosophers, they don't dismiss > consciousness in humans, in fact that's just about the only thing they want > to talk about despite the fact that such talk has never once produced > anything of value. > ALL science comes from philosophy and nowhere else. Science is a special case of philosophy. Not that philosophy isn't annoying, but really philosophy has literally produced everything of value in human civilization - which is why it is held in such high esteem throughout history. > However philosophers are reluctant to talk about intelligence in humans, > even though the subject has proven to be much more fruitful, because its > also much harder, and unlike a bullshit consciousness theory a bullshit > intelligence theory is easy to shoot down because you can see with your own > eyes that it just doesn't work, and that takes all the fun out of > theorizing. > "Blah blah, people who don't think exactly like me are stupid liars and worthless and their lives are worthless blah blah why am I cursed with their presence, blah blah ego, arrogance, ignorance." > Another advantage is that to become a consciousness theorist you really > don't need to know anything, a grade school education is more than enough, > but it takes years of study before you can even begin to figure out how > intelligence works, with consciousness you can start producing hot air > immediately and to some that's more fun. > (see previous) > > So philosophers continue to blather on and on about consciousness and, > having abandoned the subject, the study of intelligence has been left to > computer scientists, programers, mathematicians and neurologists. > ...and the peer-reviewed echo chamber expands forever, generating ever more inscrutable documents understandable only to tiny incestuous groups of ultra-specialists. The End. Craig > John K Clark > > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/everything-list/-/7-duzv9RwpIJ. To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.