On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net> wrote:
> On 10/24/2012 10:04 AM, Richard Ruquist wrote:
>>
>> At the risk of beating a dead horse, Cramer's Transactional Interpretation
>> of
>> Quantum Mechanics TIQM, a 4th possible interpetation of QM, requires waves
>> coming back from the future.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transactional_interpretation "More
>> recently he [Cramer] has also argued TIQM to be consistent with the
>> Afshar experiment, while claiming that the Copenhagen interpretation
>> and the many-worlds interpretation are not.[3]"
>> [3] ^ A Farewell to Copenhagen?, by John Cramer. Analog, December 2005.
>>
>> Feynman used waves coming back from the future to solve his Quantum
>> Electrodynamics QED, the most experimentally accurate physics theory
>> extant, which in my mind lends TIQM credence. Such teteological
>> effects are expanded on for living systems in Terrence Deacon's book
>> "Incomplete Nature: How Mind Emerged from Matter".
>>
>> Is evidence of anticipatory effects possibly evidence for TIQM?
>

>  Hi Richard,
>
>     The advanced wave aspect is bounded in the future, just as the retarded
> waves are bounded in the past within a finite duration that is related to
> the Hamiltonian of the system in question. The best picture of this is to
> think of a standing wave bouncing between a pair of zero phase nodes. This
> is how normal QM works, the bra and ket of Dirac's formalism is just another
> version of this, but it does not take relativity (relative motions of
> objects 'in' space-time) into account.
>     The anticipatory effect is a bit different as it involves a component of
> information that seems to be outside the causal light cone. This is an
> concept that requires new thinking about what "causality" is!
>

>> I should add that my extension of ordinary superstring theory, and in
>> particular the properties of the compactified dimensions, provides a
>> mechanism for TIQM. The conjecture of my extension is that the compact
>> particles or monads react instantly to the entire universe because of
>> its exterior to interior mapping, as Brian Greene showed in a 2-D
>> approximation.
>
>     Superstrings are not helpful here as they assume a flat space-time
> background and are just fibrations of that space-time. I don't know of any
> discussion of a variability of the compactified manifolds or whatever that
> would give us an explanation. The internal dimensions of the manifolds have
> no relation what so ever to the dimensions of space-time. They are
> orthogonal and thus completely independent.

I do not understand what you are saying here.
The compact manifolds are 10^90/cc, 1000 Planck-length, 6-d particles
in a 3-D space.
http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Calabi-Yau_manifold#Calabi-Yau_manifolds_in_string_theory
.
How can those 6d dimensions be orthogonal to 3D space?
I admit that it is a conjecture that each particle maps the universe instantly.
So if you have a means to falsify that conjecture I would like to hear about it.
 Richard