On 12/18/2012 1:28 AM, Jason Resch wrote:
Hope no one minds me reviving an old thread. Doesn't interference play a crucial role in preventing electrons from falling into the nucleus? I believe I have heard that somewhere but I don't remember where and I am not sure of its veracity. If it is true, it seems to me that would provide an anthropic reason for ruling out real measure.

Hi Jason,

I thought that it is the existence of a minimum energy ground state that prevents the atom's collapse.

--
Onward!

Stephen