Hi,

    I think this paper might be fodder for a nice discussion!

http://arxiv.org/abs/1301.5295

 About the Infinite Repetition of Histories in Space

Francisco José Soler Gil <http://arxiv.org/find/physics/1/au:+Gil_F/0/1/0/all/0/1>,Manuel Alfonseca <http://arxiv.org/find/physics/1/au:+Alfonseca_M/0/1/0/all/0/1> (Submitted on 22 Jan 2013 (v1 <http://arxiv.org/abs/1301.5295v1>), last revised 23 Jan 2013 (this version, v2))

   This paper analyzes two different proposals, one by Ellis and
   Brundrit, based on classical relativistic cosmology, the other by
   Garriga and Vilenkin, based on the DH interpretation of quantum
   mechanics, both of which conclude that, in an infinite universe,
   planets and living beings must be repeated an infinite number of
   times. We point to some possible shortcomings in the arguments of
   these authors. We conclude that the idea of an infinite repetition
   of histories in space cannot be considered strictly speaking a
   consequence of current physics and cosmology. Such ideas should be
   seen rather as examples of {\guillemotleft}ironic
   science{\guillemotright} in the terminology of John Horgan.

--
Onward!

Stephen