On 1/29/2013 5:49 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:57:18 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

    http://vimeo.com/51920182

    Comments?

Very cool. I thought it was interesting how he said that the view of the ocean was not as nice as the supermarket shelves. To me that validates the importance of the sense modality on its own terms - i.e. the sampling method is only testing for one aspect of a sense and producing a superficial isomorphism through another which does not hold true deeply. This shows that data based on sound may not translate or transduce from color data meaningfully. Of course, the extension of vision into a wider range of E-M is a decent consolation prize.

Craig

Agreed. I especially like the implications of cybordization (?sp) on the evolution of the species. We have evolved to the point of altering ourselves as the gene has ceased to be the single point of mutation and selection.

--
Onward!

Stephen