Evgeniy: although I had my disagreements with Stuart dating back to prior
to the 1997 Nashua Conference, I have to agree here.
Turing was a great mind, his ideas leading to our (embryonic, binary)
computing machine are great, it is not the ultimate word.
I wonder how much Bruno's (Loeb's) universal machine is such?
So far we have no better one, the Turingesque contraption is our miraculous
panacea to lots of things, but it may have its limitations and
disadvantages.
Screwdriver, or not.

John M