On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 10:08 PM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On a peculiar blind spot in materialists
>
> Materialists have a peculiar blind spot
> in that they do  not understand what is meant by
> the subject/object distinction.  The difference
> between subjective and objective being.
>
> That is the ddiference between mind and brain in that
> mind is a subjective state and brain is purely objective.
>
> brain is object
> consciousness or mind is subject + object.
>
> Leibniz makes this clear in his concept of monads.
>

> Dr. Roger Clough NIST (ret.) 5/26/2013
> See my Leibniz site at
> http://team.academia.edu/RogerClough

There's obviously a difference between the subjective and the
objective. Eliminative materialists say that the subjective does not
really exist because only those entities which can be defined
objectively exist. This strikes me as a way of using language
differently rather than a substantive position.

--
Stathis Papaioannou