On 25 Oct 2013, at 20:15, Chris de Morsella wrote:

Hehe...

Spam, like beauty, is in the eyes of the beholder.... and I would say that, much like porn, it is impossible to define when or what it is exactly, but we do know it when we see it. One could say -- in communication theory --
that it is an emergent property perhaps :)

We can be sure that a principles like "publish or perish" generates 'spammy' papers.

Some posts are not spam, but becomes sort of spam when repeated systematically by a people not taking account of the previous answers. There is a 'spam attitude', which reminds of the pseudo-religion or pseudo-science, or pseudo-politics.

I don't feel to be so wise, as I tend to answer them very often, going in loop ...

Bruno

-Chris