Hmm. Let's hope the methane doesn't come out of suspension in the oceans,
then, because it may go into a runaway feedback loop and lead to a
firestorm - literally like fuel-air explosives being set off, perhaps over
major cities. Methane being such a potent greenhouse gas, the whole thing
could happen in a far shorter time than the human race's sluggish reactions
could cope with.