Steven Pinker, at the end of "How the mind works" present a number of
evolutionary and cognitive explanations of the mind in terms of brain
processes . But at the end then comes the hard question: Why we are
conscious and  not unconscious robots?. Pinker end up saying that in the
same way that a monkey can not understand what happens in a soap opera in a
TV, we are not intelligent enough to understand what is conscience, which
is something explainable at other level of experience and intelligence
above us.

And I say, that obviously, this super level of intelligence must be
inhabited by one Mind at least....

2013/11/30 Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net>

>  Online opinions of Dennett and Chalmers-- the clueless two
>
> Dennett never tells us what conscilousness is, because
> conciouness rwequires a perceiver, and he hasn't a clue as to what that is,
> because that concept is foreign to his materialism.
>
> He's clueless. And famous as well maybe because with that
> beard he looks like a philosopher ought to look.
>
> Chalmers is in the same hole as Dennett is
> he is also a materialist wuithout a perceiver.
> With his long wild hair he may seem to some to
> know what he's talking about. But he's also
> clueless, which is why we have the "hard problem
> of consciousnwess
>

> Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
> See my Leibniz site at
> http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough
>
> gh <http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough>

Alberto.