Turing is just a particularly vivid case - a "poster boy" - for the
injustice suffered by I believe something like 50,000 people (I guess Oscar
Wilde was an earlier one).

As Brent pointed out, Turing may not have killed himself like Snow White
biting a poisoned apple, as per the popular image, after all. It might have
been a tragic accident.

(And van Gogh may not have shot himself, either, although that seems less
likely...)