On 09 Jan 2014, at 18:24, John Clark wrote:

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Jesse Mazer <laserma...@gmail.com> wrote

> For example, in Life one could define macrostates in terms of the ratio of white to black cells [...]

In the Game of Life the number of black cells is always infinite,

Because you restrict yourself to finite pattern. (Well, it is not a bad idea, to encode a state of mind, but that less sure for a universe of a god or something else).

so I don't see how you can do any ratios.

You can do local ratios, with suitable definition, and I guess that was Jesse meant.

Bruno

  John K Clark