On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 1:53 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  >> Well let's see, my car has 306 horsepower, one horsepower is equal to
> 746 watts so my car needs 228,276 watts.  On a bright day at noon solar
> cells produce about 10 watts per square foot, so my car would need 22,827
> square feet of solar cells, that's not counting the additional air
> resistance caused by the 151x151 foot rectangle mounted on the car's roof.
> And how do I get to work at night or on cloudy days
>
> > You're car engine needs to generate that 306hp when it's going about
> 150mph.

My car can't go 150mph or even come close to it, my car uses 306 horsepower
when it needs to accelerate to highway speed in the on-ramp of a expressway
or when I need to pass a slower car on a 2 lane road.

> In normal highway use it's probably making about 30hp.

So now you need to make the solar cells adjustable so that the giant square
welded to the roof of my car can shrink gown from 151x151 feet to 48x48
feet. However air resistance still might be a bit of a problem and I'm
still going to have to put a "WIDE LOAD" sign on the back of the car.

  John K Clark