On 3/1/2014 10:12 PM, LizR wrote:
On 2 March 2014 18:19, <ghib...@gmail.com <mailto:ghib...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Sunday, March 2, 2014 3:05:55 AM UTC, spudb...@aol.com
<mailto:spudb...@aol.com>
    wrote:

        Yes Liz, I take the threat seriously, but am puzzled by the behavior of
        politicians, in anticipation of the historic calamity. The actions,
even by true
        believers in AGW, does not compute. Secondly, why is North American, and
        European CO2, threaten the globe, but Chinese CO2 does not? This is a
bit of a
        discrepancy. Lastly, I read mea culpa to the Eldars of Zion accusation
as I
        their local leader, thus, I must recuse myself from this
particularaccusation.
        Pax Vobiscum.

    you don't seem to take it that seriously. But is this about climate science
only? I
    only ask because there's this nefarious but very effective lobby outfit
that traces
    its roots back into the days of tobacco harm denial. They use very reliable
    psychological devices to create that sense of doubt. They really played
hardball
    too....being willing to totally trash the reputation of science it secured
their
    goals. Destroy individuals. Drive them to nervous breakdowns. Harass media
outlets.,

This is kind of a touchstone for these disinformation based organisations. They created institutes specifically to push some agenda. We've had tobacco, big oil, and of course the anti-evolution lot, all with their own "think tanks" and "institutes". Personally I reckon they got the idea from L Ron Hubbard, who once got into a conversation with fellow science fiction writers

Robert Heinlein, with whom he shared a house for a while, made a bar bet with him that he couldn't create a religion after Hubbard had remarked that was the way to get *really* rich.

Brent

- I forget who, say James Blish and John W Campbell Jr, for the sake of argument - and they all proposed crazy ideas about how one could create a science based religion. "We could have little devices that let people measure their state of spiritual health!" they chortled, imagining this was just one of those games SF writers love to indulge in - little realising that Hubbard was making mental notes of everything they said.