On Friday, March 14, 2014 9:11:56 AM UTC, Kim Jones wrote:

> On 14 Mar 2014, at 1:12 pm, Craig Weinberg <whats...@gmail.com<javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> Information must be made evident through sensory participation, or it is
> nothing at all.
>

> Craig, you have just explained to me the basis of my discalculia. No one
> else has ever managed to do that in all my 57 years.
>
> Music was always instantaneously understandable to me because of the way
> it gained my deep sensory participation whereas mathematics was always just
> a bunch of squiggles on paper that to me were as dry as dust and as
> terrifyingly remote as Egyptian hieroglyphs. Math evoked no sensuous
> universe of qualia - for me. I have often felt that for those with a high
> degree of numeracy, that the hieroglyphs of mathematics evoke the same
> sensory participation as music does for me. Bruno, for example composes and
> reads mathematical sentences with the same ease as I have in listening to
> even quite complex music and writing it down from ear in standard music
> notation. I sometimes refer to myself as a "mathemusician".
>
> I'll now watch the clip you posted!
>
> Kim
>

> Kim Jones B. Mus. GDTL
>
> Email:   kimj...@ozemail.com.au <javascript:>
>              kmjc...@icloud.com <javascript:>
> Mobile: 0450 963 719
> Phone:  02 93894239
> Web:     http://www.eportfolio.kmjcommp.com
>

> *"Never let your schooling get in the way of your education" - Mark Twain*

sounds like a kind of synaesthesia. It's not a well defined terms, and it's
reasonable the phenomena can occur between processes much more abstract
than the five classic senses. I believe I have synaesthesia between some
very abstract processes that ends up linking certain things to certain
visuals around structure. Caused me a lot of distress as a kid, has been
the major saving quantity in later life. Had a cronic stutter as a kid I
suspect a link