On Monday, March 24, 2014 4:48:13 AM UTC, chris peck wrote:

> The only person in any doubt was you wasn't it Liz?
>
> I found Tegmark's presentation very disappointing. He was alarmingly
> apologetic about MWI pleading that its flaws were mitigated by the fact
> other interpretations had similar flaws; as if the fact someone else is ill
> would make you less ill yourself. I think in the world of QM
> interpretations, with bugger all evidence to decide between them, the game
> is to even out the playing field in terms of flaws and then chase
> parsimony. Ofcourse, whether an infinite set of worlds is more or less
> parsimonious than just one +  a few hidden variables, or one + a spooky
> wave function collapse, depends very much on what definition of
> parsimonious you find most fitting.

MWI is refuted by the massive totally unexamined - some unrealized to this
day - assumptions built in at the start. It's like, local realism - a
reasonable assumed universal. But only the bare bones. Assuming locarealism
means locality as we perceive, and classically seems to be. In; these
dimensions. But what happens when science transforms through a major
generalization? The hallmark is that not only theories get merged, broken
up, such that everything looks different. But  that the revolution stretchs
right out to the conceptual framework itself...the basic concepts that are
upfront necessary to be shared, for basic communication to take place. It's
all concepts broken apart, while others merged together. We can put some
faith in local realism, but in what dimensionality it's pure, we don't
about that yet..we don't know.MWI assumes that it's a safe scientific
known. It isn't. In fact everything is against that.

There literally dozens of others. Like assuming major properties are
duplicated "as is" between higher and lower macrostate layers. MWI'ers need
to assume local realism at quantum levels as is. Unprecedented if true.
Daft in other words.

When I throw this at them, the response if there is one is usually6 denial
that MWI needs those massive assumptions and would not have happened
without them. Arguments come the lines of MWI is derived clean from the
wave function or by some other theoretical strtucture, involving simple
assumptions only none of them things like local realism.

They just don't get it, science, anymore. theories as internal theory
structure get improved all the time as part of an ongoing
progression. Building out an assumption is not a matter of improving theory
structure alone.

MWI is tied to assuming local realism for all time, because it was only the
extreme and disturbing - incomprehensible even to the greats - character of
quantum strangenessl. MWI is tied to it, because that is what it took  hat
an outrageous, unscientific notion like MWI  could be taken seriously at
all. MWI even now, has not defense for itself, without reference to quantum
strangeness,, and restorations to classical determinism.

It's a quantum theory, and it's wrong, because it's assumptions are that
the nature of reality is hard tied forever to principles, hard tied to the
complexities of this dimension, this universe right here. What a  joke. The
harm done by this theory is immeasurable. A theory sterile for all time,
placed all around the boundaries beyond the frontiers of science, that can
never be discoverex, never be passed through, never be built over, or
under. It's an act of murder of the human and scientific dreamss