On Monday, May 19, 2014 8:31:53 AM UTC+1, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> [...]
> that the comp physical propositions are quantized and obey a quantum logic.
> Then if you look at the details, it predicts a quantum logic (even 3, or
> even 5 in some sense), and each one makes slightly different predictions,
> which might help to locate the origin of the quantum law (is it in Z1 or in
> Z1*, or in S4Grz1, etc...).
>
> The point is logical. IF comp is correct and if you accept the classical
> definition of knowledge, etc. Then the laws of physics are given by the
> measure that you can extracts from self-referential logic. It is not
> obvious at all that the comp measure exists at all, and so the discovery
> that the comp physics is quantized is a non trivial discovery, and the
> first working (up to now) explanation of where the laws of physics come
> from, where consciousness comes from, etc.
>
> Physicists just do not aboard the question and use an identity mind-brain
> link which is shown inconsistent with comp.
>
> Comp does this in a testable way, by providing theorem prover for the
> propositional physics. S4Grz1 might gives the exact orthomodular quantum
> logic of von Neumann, and Z1* with X1* are given some variants, where the
> symmetry is broken above the atomic propositions. I am still unsure of the
> significance of the facts that we get physics on three horizontal in the 5
> = 8 arithmetical hypostases. It looks like heaven has its own quantum
> physics.
>
> I am a logician. I just provides a proof that IF we survive the digitalist
> yes-doctor move, then the laws of physics arise from arithmetic in this
> precise way, and you can already test this (and that has been tested, and
> thanks to both QM and Gödel, the test shows that up to now, the comp white
> rabbits are eliminated in the same manner than in the quantum physical
> reality. Good point for both comp and the quantum. But only the simplest
> quantum tautologies have been tested, for technical reason. So the next
> step, for the future generations, when all this will be basic, will
> consists in optimizing the theorem prover, and testing other tautologies.
> There must be difference if comp is true, as the known quantum logic does
> not provide the hamiltonian. In fact with comp, we get the correct (comp)
> physics at once (QL + GR, if you want), and this is not yet done in
> physics. To be sure, the test can show only that comp is false or that we
> are in a genuinely fake second order simulation. But this does not change
> the fact that comp predicts specific numbers. if we don't find those
> numbers (until now we find the good one) it means comp is false, or we are
> in a second order emulation: two astonishing facts. In all case, comp
> refutes physicalism, and at the least illustrate a rational and coherent
> view of reality and which prevents elimination of person, consciousness,
> and any reductionism of what a Löbian entity can be.
> Physicalism fails systematically on all this.

Hi Bruno, well ....at this point we're both well into an exchange. If I put
a major effort into making a position clear and your response is "you don't
get the point" then chances are...unless you're right and I have
absolutely no point at all....unless that...chances are you aren't getting
the point either. I don't see why things have to be like this.

Could I just step ahead for a moment, and imagine a scenario that, say, it
was correct that you should not claim falsifiability. This is nothing like
as important as you might be thinking it is. I've seen you talk bout
science and often make a bit centre piece about falsifiability. But I would
personally look at things much more like Russell Standish in his reply
above. There's actually nothing of particular value about falsifiability.

It's much more a functional status...an actual real functional status of a
body of work. If there is a directly falsifiable prediction...something
that people other than the theorist can look at and understand without
needing to know anything specialized to the theory or theorist. Then the
process has begun, this being the first step of the end-to-end structure
defining "falsifiability". This is when people would rightly be going
around saying, well "my theory is falsifiable". Because pending any new
science or technology necessary first, the theory indeed is, and in due
course will be, or not,.

But there are other stages no less important. In my view you have defined
some interesting hypotheses for new arrangements of testing and
verification. I really think you should hive these ideas off, and take them
seriously. It'd be an amazing contribution if a set of standards came out
eventually that managed to decouple science from empirical measurement, for
example, but in a way that in no way undermined all the separations and
rigour of science.

I mean, it's got to be done by someone. Because we can't see beyond the
light cone, or back before the beginning, or underneath or over the hood.
We're at the edge man, so a new kind of structure is going to have to be
found by someone.

All I feel strongly about is that we value and appreciate what conventional
historical 'falsification' actually was, and don't devalue or obscure it,
Because it's given us everything. And within it...study of its
structure...there are possible the seeds of insight that could be key for
whoever will discover the next way forward.