On 2 June 2014 11:16, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  On 6/1/2014 2:18 PM, LizR wrote:
>
>  On 2 June 2014 07:05, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>  On 6/1/2014 9:09 AM, spudboy100 via Everything List wrote:
>>
>> The philosopher is a good guy, but not as good as atheist, Hans Moravec,
>> or the highly, unusal, Roman Catholic, Frank Tipler, or back to atheists
>> again, Ray Kurzweil. Sam is a permanent death kind of guy. Meh, unto that.
>>
>>  Sounds like you base your opinion of people's ideas on whether they are
>> congenial to your wish to live forever.
>>

>  A lot of people do that.
>
>  "Forwards into oblivion!" just doesn't cut it for some people. Can't say
> I find it too appealing myself, but if it's the only game in town...
>
> But have you really considered the alternative...forward to eternity and
> beyond?
>
> Thank you, Buzz Lightyear!

I'm not sure I understand your question, though. Obviously the alternative
has been considered quite extensively in fiction, and to some extent on
this forum. But perhaps you're trying to make a point and I'm being my
usual dense self and missing it. I know I can't always assume that you
starting a reply with "But" means I should look at it for a possible
objection, because often you start with "But" and then agree with me. So
please explain what you mean.